December 14, 2009

Indonesian Jewels


Last week I went to a jewelry exhibition held by Mutumanikam Nusantara, a non-profit organization which aims to develop Indonesia's jewelry sector.

I was a bit surprised by the collection, I never knew that Indonesia had such an abundance of precious metals and gemstones. Unfortunately, I had a limited budget to spend :) At the end, I decided to buy these :

- Fossil Coral pendant from Sarolangun, Jambi province
I bought this because of the beautiful flower design. Turns out, they are natural patterns formed by fossilized coral structure!

- Druzy Agate pendant from Pacitan, East Java province
These tiny crystals in the centre are called "druzy". I like how they sparkle in the light.

The ones I bought here are quite inexpensive (under Rp. 80.000), so they would be great as souvenirs...

3 comments:

Swastiti said...

Hmm... I suggest you to visit Suharto museum in Taman Mini, you can see a lot of gemstone from Indonesian regions. They are so beautiful and remarkable.

Fitri said...

Thanks for the tip swas! makanya buruan ke jkt, jadi kita jalan2...hehe

Blogger said...

eToro is the #1 forex broker for rookie and professional traders.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...