December 14, 2009

Indonesian Jewels


Last week I went to a jewelry exhibition held by Mutumanikam Nusantara, a non-profit organization which aims to develop Indonesia's jewelry sector.

I was a bit surprised by the collection, I never knew that Indonesia had such an abundance of precious metals and gemstones. Unfortunately, I had a limited budget to spend :) At the end, I decided to buy these :

- Fossil Coral pendant from Sarolangun, Jambi province
I bought this because of the beautiful flower design. Turns out, they are natural patterns formed by fossilized coral structure!

- Druzy Agate pendant from Pacitan, East Java province
These tiny crystals in the centre are called "druzy". I like how they sparkle in the light.

The ones I bought here are quite inexpensive (under Rp. 80.000), so they would be great as souvenirs...

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hmm... I suggest you to visit Suharto museum in Taman Mini, you can see a lot of gemstone from Indonesian regions. They are so beautiful and remarkable.

Fitri - saya turis... said...

Thanks for the tip swas! makanya buruan ke jkt, jadi kita jalan2...hehe

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...